My name is Solomon Keal. I am a minister for the General Church of the New Jerusalem, which is a Swedenborgian Christian denomination. These are some of my thoughts about the Lord, the symbolic meanings in the Bible, life after death, faith, charity, usefulness, loving the Lord and one's neighbor, the 2nd Coming, Swedenborg's Writings, and other theological stuff.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Community


A couple nights ago I attended a Feast of Charity here in Bryn Athyn. It was a wonderful chance for multiple generations of this community to get together and share ideas on what a community is, or should be. Despite the fact that my wife and I had to be chasing our four kids around a lot of the time, we did manage to engage in some good conversation. Many people shared some wonderful ideas with the whole group. During the course of the evening it started to become apparent to me that Good Community is based on Good Communication. It seems obvious when looking at the two words together, but I think it is important to remember. 'Love of the neighbor' is based on our ability to communicate with each other, and that is what creates good community.

No comments:

Post a Comment